October 27, 2017
Partnerships + Marketing Manager
Salary £22,000 - 26,000 depending on experience
Full-time role starting in December/January
About Creative Mentor Network
Launched in 2015, Creative Mentor Network has a mission to make the creative world of work more inclusive.
We support mentoring, working directly with schools across London to connect talented 16-19 year olds from diverse backgrounds with those working in the creative industries.
We are working with some great partners - Wieden + Kennedy, AnalogFolk, Lucky Generals, Havas, Grey, Engine, BBH, Iris, M&C Saatchi, Tribal DDB, Pulse Films, Airbnb, IDEO, Rapha and XL Recordings amongst others.
Over our 16 week Mentor Development Programme, we train employees to become effective and engaging mentors, and inspiring leaders. Companies pay a course fee, sponsoring their employees to play an active part in diversifying the industry and develop themselves at the same time.
The model is designed to make sure that everyone benefits - students get supportive careers guidance; mentors are part of an inspiring training course; and businesses build a relationship with talented young people from diverse backgrounds.
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and relationship-focussed individual to drive growth as we enter 2018 and double the delivery of our programme. You’ll be working with the Founder to create and execute business development, marketing and community strategies.
You’ll be focussed on attracting new businesses to sign up and put their employees through our Mentor Development Programme and new schools who would like to offer mentoring to their students. You will also be responsible for nurturing relationships with the businesses and schools that we already work with to make sure they are getting the most they can out of our service.
We would expect you to be comfortable working in a startup environment where there are few rules and procedures. You should be up for throwing yourself into a really wide range of tasks on a daily basis. As one of the charity’s first employees, this role has huge amounts of potential!
Responsibilities will include
- New partnerships: Researching and identifying out to new schools and target partner businesses within creative industries.
- Stakeholder management: Liaising with teachers to organise schools visits, student interviews, make sure teachers are monitoring students participation in the programme. Developing relationships with existing partner businesses to make sure their employees are getting the most from our offer.
- Student recruitment: support Founder reading student applications and conducting interviews.
Business Development and Marketing
- Writing grant applications and building relationships with grant making bodies
- Developing a marketing and communications strategy aimed at existing community and attracting new audiences. This will include developing our community of mentors, harnessing their passion for social change into further opportunities for CMN.
- Organising DBS checks, invoicing, data surveys, managing website sign ups.
- Collecting mentor / mentee content (photos, blogs, social media etc.)
- Events (networking events, student selection days, mentor training): organising timetable, guest lists, invites, marketing collateral, space hire, photographer, social media, press, food + drink etc.
- Research and arrange attendance HR, diversity and talent specialists at networking events.
Experience and Skills Required
- Track record of building successful relationships and stakeholder management. Experience in a business development, sales or client management role a bonus.
- Very strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Mission Driven, demonstrated interest in education.
- A broad understanding of the creative industries, and in particular agency structures and processes.
- Marketing experience, knowledge of email marketing tools and strong grasp of social media. - Proactive and entrepreneurial: We’re all hands on deck. It’s an incredibly exciting time to join our team. It also means we need someone who can learn quickly and apply themselves to lots of different things. Someone with experience of this kind of role (especially in growth stage of a new organisation) would be preferable.
- Being confident, creative, able to work autonomously, and excited about the role!